The 2nd Canadian Infantry Division landed in France in July 1944 as reinforcements following the first month of fighting in the Normandy Campaign. This series contains the July and August war diaries for this division, as well as every brigade and battalion within it.
War Diaries missing from our online collection may be viewed on Library and Archives Canada’s sister site, Héritage. Their collection is organized by LAC reel numbers. To determine which reel a particular unit’s diaries are on, follow LAC’s instructions here.
2nd Canadian Infantry Division Headquarters:
- G Branch (General Staff)
- A & Q Branch (Quartermaster)
5th Canadian Infantry Brigade
- 4th Field Regiment, Royal Canadian Artillery
- 5th Field Regiment, Royal Canadian Artillery
- 6th Field Regiment, Royal Canadian Artillery
- 2nd Anti-Tank Regiment, Royal Canadian Artillery
- 3rd Light Anti-Aircraft Regiment, Royal Canadian Artillery
- 2nd Division Signals
- Senior Chaplain (Protestant) 2nd Canadian Division
- 8th Canadian Reconnaissance Regiment*
- The Toronto Scottish Regiment
*This file only contains the July diary for this regiment. The August diary may have been permanently lost at Library and Archives Canada during the microfilming process of the original paper copies.